Note that in most cases a structure may only be obsoleted with the written
agreement of a senior author. From experience it's by far the best approach to
work together with the original authors on a correction, in any case. Goodwill
is an important thing.

If you wish, you can go it alone and deposit a new structure based on data from
an existing deposition, but it won't obsolete the old structure and I believe
it will only be accepted if accompanied by a peer-reviewed publication.

 Hope this helps,

Tristan

Tristan Croll
Research Fellow
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
University of Cambridge CB2 0XY