Dear Jaimohan,

With high amount of purified protein (like obtained in recombinant expression)
they are likely to form higher oligomers if they have intrinsic property of
association. With time the content of oligomers do increase. In SDS-PAGE even,
you will see a faint band of oligomer. This is due to higher mass of protein
from which some still could form oligomer even after boiling and presence of
SDS. I am sure your protein has higher content of helical fraction.
My suggestion to you would be to perform HPLC or FPLC every time before assay
or exp. It would reliably separate the monomer and higher oligomers.

Best regards,

Debasish Kumar Ghosh

CSIR- Senior Research Fellow (PhD Scholar)
C/o: Dr. Akash Ranjan
Computational and Functional Genomics Group
Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics
Hyderabad, INDIA

Email(s): dkgh...@cdfd.org.in, dgho...@gmail.com
Telephone: 0091-9088334375 (M), 0091-40-24749396 (Lab)
Lab URL: http://www.cdfd.org.in/labpages/computational_functional_genomics.html