Dear All,

Thank you for the many suggestions. After sending my first message to the
BB, I tried exchanging the sample into buffer containing 5 mM EDTA and also
into buffer at pH 9.0 (using BICINE). Neither of these appear to have
helped the instability--precipitation still occurred within ~1 min of
removal of the tube from ice. The theoretical pI is ~6.1, which is far from
my working pH, although as Mark indicated the calculated pI may be
inaccurate, and I may even need to try a more acidic pH. I will test the
ideas provided by everyone over the next week and leave some feedback. It
may be that I need to prepare a different truncation, as this domain is
excised from a larger covalent assembly. I have purified homologs trimmed
at a similar position in the past, but of course that doesn't guarantee
good behavior in my current system.

Best,
Chris