I have a problem I wanted to run by the list.  I’m recently back in the
coldfusion world after a several year hiatus.  I’m in the process of trying
to access the methods of a .net component, at this point as a proof of concept.
Once I can do something with it I’ll actually start building the app.

I set up the object like this:

                        <cfset dll = ExpandPath('./com/Interop.CADXLib.dll')>
                        <cfobject
                                class="CADXLib.CadX"
                                type=".NET"
                                name="cadx"
                                assembly="#dll#”>

That’s in my application.cfc, in the onRequestStart() method. Then in my
index.cfm I call:

        <cfdump var="#cadx#”>

The object dumps just fine. I can see all the internal methods, including the
one I need to get things going, the OpenDesign() method, which (in theory)
opens a local file and reads the contents.

So next I set the actual filename I want to access:

<cfset thisfile="1571269P01R01_ARTIOS.ARD">
<cfset thispath=getDirectoryfromPath(getCurrentTemplatePath())>
<cfset thisfile=thispath & thisfile>

This works, and outputting “thistfile” gives me the correct path location.
So now I call the actual method:

<cfset result=cadx.OpenDesign(thisfile,0)>

That’s where I get stuck. I get this error:

Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types
or the OpenDesign method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion
cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided
arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists,
use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.

I javacast the arguments and get the same error. Method not found. But based on
the dump, the method is clearly there.

Has anyone encountered this or something similar?