Charles it is neither here nor there. ColdFusion Robust Exceptions need
this setting to be enabled in ColdFusion, the display friendly error
messages is a browser option and is not something one has to touch anyway.
The other option in IIS is the setting of Custom ASP errors, there is no
other setting in IIS that deals with Friendly error messages. So if you
don't have ASP installed like myself, you will not even see these options
at all.

Now as ColdFusion requires you to have the setting I clearly stated earlier
in the thread, that means Robust Exceptions will be displayed and if you
have the other options set attached to the end of your pages output. There
is NO setting in IIS that can or will need to be touched if this section of
ColdFusion is not working, I made that very clear as well.

I just checked 3 servers here that doesn't have ASP.Net installed, not one
of these servers has any setting that can adjust friendly error messages,
but there is this option in IE if you use IE that is. The only thing I know
of is when you use ASP.Net so that it displays more info than the friendly
message that is displayed. In ASP.Net this is the same as turning on Robust
Exceptions in ColdFusion.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/