Hi William --

> Can someone who runs their CGI::App's under mod_perl tell me whether it's
> possible to use an instance script as a PerlHandler? I'm trying to create
> a url that will handle requests without the user needing to type in the
> entire script name.

What you want to do is to REPLACE your instance script with a handler.  That
is easily accomplished with CGI::Application.  In the message Benjamin
referenced, I posted an example of how to do this.  In a nutshell, you need
to make two changes:

1. Add the following to your Application module:

  package My::CGIApp::Module;
  use base qw/CGI::Application/;
  use Apache::Constants ':response';

  sub handler ($$) {
    my ($pkg, $r) = @_;

    # Instantiate and run() your CGI::Application module
    my $self = $pkg->new();
    $self->run();

    return OK;
  }

This code is a replacement for the instance script.

2. Configure mod_perl to use your module by adding the following to the
".htaccess" file in the directory in which you want your application to run:

  <Perl>
      use My::CGIApp::Module;
  </Perl>

  PerlHandler My::CGIApp::Module->handler

These two changes cause your CGI::Application module to run as an Apache
handler directly, as opposed to a handler via Apache::Registry.

Warmest regards,

-Jesse-

--

  Jesse Erlbaum