Thanks Fred -- that looks straightforward enough. However, the reason I'm attracted to CGI::Ajax (formerly Perljax) is that (as I understand the dox) you can do Ajax without knowing Javascript or XML :-)

The module is quite new, so if I manage to figure this out, maybe I'll post my solution. The module authors maintain a bulletin board -- I've posted this question there, too -- http://www.perljax.us/forums/viewtopic.php?p=45#45

Cheers,

Bruce

Fred Moyer wrote:
Bruce McKenzie wrote:

I was hoping just to get my feet wet -- HTML::Prototype looks kinda deep for a beginner :-)

I posted a perlmonks link on how I got my first CGI::App based Ajax widget running. It's very basic and simple so don't expect too much from it but it works.

http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=469879

.