On 11/20/2014 06:47, Richard Jones wrote:
> On 20/11/2014 14:35, Bill McCormick wrote:
>> OK .. It's been some time since I've had to to much Perl/web
>> development. I last worked with C:A over 10 years ago, so I'm just
>> coming back to what I know. Sounds like I need to take a look at
>> Dancer.
>>
> Yeah, Dancer2 is great, as is Web::Simple if you just want a "quick
> and
> easy way to build simple web applications". Catalyst is recommended
> for
> heavy-lifting. Dancer2 somewhere in between, though lots of overlap.
> Not
> tried Mojo or CGI::Snapp to any extent myself so can't comment.
> CGI::App
> still works of course but is way behind the curve now.

*** That put me in a quandary.  In 2006, I started building an
application
to help with my business.  At first, I just used CGI.pm, and built my
own
state-driven system for moving from page to page.  Then I discovered
frameworks.
I tried Catalyst, and it was very slick when you used their canned
pages.
But there was a little too much "magic" for my taste.  I wasn't having
good feel for what was going on behind the curtain.  And as easy as it
was
to set up a canned web page, that's how hard it was to do something
different.
Especially debugging.  Big learning curve.

    So I settled on cgiapp. Just enough magic to make my life easy.  My
app
has grown quite large, and it would be painful to recode it.

                              - Jerry Kaidor ( je...@tr2.com )

#####  CGI::Application community mailing list  ################
##  To unsubscribe, or change your message delivery options,  ##
##  visit:  http://www.erlbaum.net/mailman/listinfo/cgiapp    ##
##  Web archive:   http://www.erlbaum.net/pipermail/cgiapp/   ##
##  Wiki:          http://cgiapp.erlbaum.net/                 ##