(I'm not nuts about top posting, but I'll follow suit here.)

I've been using Titanium which pulls together CGI::App, HTML::Template
and a few other cats and dogs.  I really like it.  I use Rose::DB
where I need that part.

I've been looking at Mojolicious, but have been unable to get my brain
wrapped around it.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 04:19:20PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> Max,
>
> As far as I know it is not being developed any more. I don't even know
> if it's being maintained. The list is pretty quiet these days and I
> assume most have moved on to other frameworks or out of Perl entirely.
> My main app is based on CGI::App so I still use it, but don't do
> anything new with it - I moved to Dancer2 for new stuff. Catalyst always
> felt like overkill for the types of things I do, but once I got used to
> the D2 syntax I found it to be a very enjoyable experience. YMMV of
> course, but if you keep just framework-specific stuff in the D2 classes,
> most of your code is in your own classes anyway so is
> framework-independent. If you really like CGI::App maybe you could look
> at taking it over and modernising it? I imagine it would be quite a big
> task though. Ron Savage already did something similar by forking
> CGI::App to CGI::Snapp a few years ago but I don't know if he still
> maintains it.
>

> On 11/08/2016 11:13, max.augsb...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Dear CGI Application Experts,
> >
> > I am a Newbie in Perl and Web Programming. I tested a little bit Dancer2,
> > but I liked CGI::Application from the design much much more because it
> > feels for me more perlish.
> >
> > But what me confuse a little bit is, that the last stable version is from
> > the year 2011. Please allow me a straight and honest question: Does it make
> > sense yet to learn CGI::Application or should I better go ahead to a modern
> > framework as Dancer2 although CGI::Application to me appeals much more? Is
> > CGI::Application still active and will there be new stable versions on CPAN
> > in the near future (the devel version that contains also one security
> > bugfix is more than one year old)? Or is CGI::Application over the many
> > years simply ready programmed so that only minor bugfixes are necessary?
> >
> > I really hope, that the wonderful CGI App has a future. I think this
> > framework has such a wonderful and specific design so that it really sets
> > itself apart from the "big modern" modern frameworks (Dancer2, Mojolicious,
> > Catalyst) which are all very similar and so that there is real need for it.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Max
> >

> --
> Richard Jones

Cheers,
b...@bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are
storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his
righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person
according to what he has done."  Romans 2:5-6 (NIV)