Welcome back to UW for the Fall quarter. Change is an interdisciplinary
seminar that highlights research and projects at the intersection of
 technology and development.  We cover topics such as global health,
education, microfinance, agriculture, and communication.  We meet on
Tuesdays throughout the quarter and seminars are announced on this mailing
list.

The first Change Seminar of the quarter will be tomorrow, Tuesday Oct 6 at
noon in CSE 203.  This will be an introduction to Change and what to expect
throughout the quarter.  Richard Anderson will talk about current and
future ICTD work in the Computer Science Department.

*Please note that while lunch is often provided,  tomorrow's seminar will
not have food.*

*Abstract*

In this seminar talk, CSE professor Richard Anderson will provide  a “State
of  ICTD” talk, that discusses current work in ICTD in CSE, and also talks
about future directions for the area.  With the passing CSE professor
Gaetano Borriello this has been a time of transition for the group.  The
talk will include a brief update on Open Data Kit, a summary of other
active project areas and plans for the next year for work in ICTD.