From: Temina Madon <tma...@berkeley.edu<mailto:tma...@berkeley.edu>>
Date: Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM
Subject: [TIER] Facebook Connectivity Lab opening
To: t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu<mailto:t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu>

Research Manager, Connectivity Lab

Menlo Park, CA

Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade
our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world
communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and
more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless
ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.

We believe connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our
generation, and that everyone deserves access to the knowledge, tools and
opportunities that come from being connected. That’s why we, along with other
tech companies, launched Internet.org (http://internet.org/), a global
partnership to make the Internet available to the two thirds of the worlds
population that doesn’t have it. The Connectivity Lab team has been working on
developing new platforms and solutions for connectivity. Come join us and help
build and lead a research team to support our Connectivity Lab. The candidate
will be adept at evaluating problems from a global level to the nanoscale, in a
variety of domains that include, but are not limited to the communications
systems themselves.

Responsibilities

Help build and lead a research team to support the Connectivity Lab.
Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and
process for regular assessment and improvement
Establish and maintain excellent development processes.
Establish processes and tools to measure progress and impact.
Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and for the
lab.
Foster a positive, creative and collaborative environment, encouraging
brainstorming and an openness to try new ideas.
Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on
accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
Work with the commercial side of the Connectivity Lab to transition research
projects to commercialization.

Requirements

B.S. or M.S. in Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
Experience working on communication systems is a preferred.
At least 10 years of professional technical leadership experience successfully
architecting, developing, and launching hardware/software projects and/or
services
At least 10 years of experience managing successful engineering teams including
hiring/termination and performance management.
High proficiency and technical leadership in leading research efforts.
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.

https://facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1200000JIOycEAH/?ref=a8lA00000004CFAIA2&_rdr