Summer internship opportunity in Abu Dhabi with the Design Technology Lab
at NYUAD.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jay Chen <jay.c...@nyu.edu>
Date: Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Subject: [TIER] DTL Summer 2017 Internships
To: t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu

Hi All,

For the past few years we have offered summer internships to some
outstanding students based out the Design Technology Lab (DTL) (
http://sites.nyuad.nyu.edu/dtl/) at NYUAD. We are based out of Abu Dhabi
and we work actively in multiple countries including UAE, California,
Ghana, India, Bangladesh, and Iraq. If you would like to work on an
exciting ICTD project with us over summer, this could be an interesting
opportunity.

Attached is a brief job description.

Cheers,
Jay Chen

DTL Summer 2017 Internship Job Description:

The Design Technology Lab (DTL) is looking for graduate student interns for
the summer of 2017. We are looking for students with good engineering
skills, an eye for design, and a strong interest in field work.

The range of possible project areas are broad and include:
- Networking and networked systems
- Specific systems or interfaces for applications  in education, finance,
health, and agriculture
- Large-scale data analysis, mining, and interactive visualization

Requirements:
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or closely related field
- Facility in C/C++, Python, Java and/or analysis tools like Matlab

Depending on your summer schedule, the internship will run from 12-14 weeks.

This is a paid internship.
Only students who are eligible to work in the UAE should apply.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to <nyuad....@gmail.com>
nyuad....@gmail.com with the subject: “DTL Summer Intern”.

The deadline to apply is March 1, 2017.

The Design Technology Lab is a multidisciplinary research center at NYU Abu
Dhabi (UAE). Our mission is to design technologies that positively impact
people’s lives. Within ICTD, our goal is to bring services to rural
communities including: access to education, finance, health, and
information services to underserved areas. The DTL draws from a broad
multidisciplinary expertise available at the Center for Technology and
Economic Development (CTED), NYU, and NYU Polytechnic Institute in
economics, computer science, engineering, and design.