Here is the bug that the fix will be provided under:

CSCsx73770
Invalid BGP formatted update causes peer reset with AS prepending

*Note: The title may show up as:
BGP peer resets when receiving update with > 255 AS hops

since I just changed it to be more accurate.

I just updaed the Release-note:

 Cisco IOS device that receives a BGP update message and as a result of AS
prepending needs to send an update downstream that would have over 255 AS hops
will send an invalid formatted update. This update when received by a
downstream BGP speaker triggers a NOTIFICATION back to the sender which results
in the BGP session being reset.

 <B>Conditions:</B>

 This problem is seen when a Cisco IOS device receives a BGP update and
 due to a combination of either inbound, outbound, or both AS prepending it
needs to send an update downstream that has more than 255 AS hops.

 <B>Workaround:</B>

 The workaround is to implement <CmdBold> bgp maxas-limit X <NoCmdBold> on the
device that after prepending would need to send an update with over 255 AS
hops. Since IOS limits the inbound prepending value to 10 the most that
could be added iss 11 AS hops (10 on ingress, 10 on egress, and 1 for normal
eBGP AS hop addition). Therefore, a conservative value to configure would be
200 to prevent this condition.