----- Original Message -----
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Brian Jones <cbjon...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Add a configure check for whatever the dependency is...
>
> I'm having difficult time figuring out what to check for... It seems
> that gettext-devel package provides AC_LIB_PREPARE_PREFIX via
> /usr/share/aclocal/lib-prefix.m4 that's automagically picked up by
> autogen.sh. Surely I can't just go and check if the file exists?
>
>                                 Pekka

Looking at rpm -ql gettext-devel on my RHEL system, it seems to add a slew
of m4 files to /usr/share/aclocal.  Maybe if -e /usr/share/aclocal/gettext.m4
in autogen.sh would be sufficient?

configure is the wrong place as this is the script that creates configure :)

FWIW, I've never been a fan of these -devel packages.  They seem to cause more
problems than they solve.
--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F  8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07