On Dec 9, 11:11 pm, Andy Fingerhut <andy.finger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Follow the instructions on the ELPA page for installing it:
>
>      http://tromey.com/elpa/install.html
>
> After you do M-x package-list-packages, go down the list of packages
> until the cursor is on the line for the package "clojure-mode", press
> the "i" key to mark it for later installation.  Do the same for the
> "slime-repl" package.  Then press "x" to execute the installations of
> those marked packages.

Thanks for the good writeup. After getting emacs installed (I deviated
from your instructions on that part) I executed the packages, and got
this error:

<...lots snipped>
slime.el:9163:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
defined:
    slime-current-parser-state,
    common-lisp-hyperspec-strip-cl-package, hyperspec-lookup

Compiling no file at Mon Dec 13 20:25:18 2010

Compiling file /Users/josh/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-repl-20100404/slime-
repl-pkg.el at Mon Dec 13 20:25:18 2010

Compiling file /Users/josh/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-repl-20100404/slime-
repl.el at Mon Dec 13 20:25:18 2010
slime-repl.el:105:27:Warning: reference to free variable
    `slime-connection-output-buffer'
slime-repl.el:122:39:Error: No setf-method known for slime-connection-
output-buffer

======
So, yes, a bunch of warnings and then an error. And BTW I can see why
people joke that Emacs is an operating system.