I'm using CMake 3.5.0 on Windows 10.  To simplify things, I started from a
fresh Windows 10 image and installed Visual Studio 2015.

When I try your suggestion to use the 2013 generator, I get
    cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 12 2013 ARM"
-DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=WindowsPhone -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=8.1
    CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:2 (project):
      A Windows Phone component with CMake requires both the Windows
Desktop SDK
      as well as the Windows Phone '8.1' SDK.  Please make sure that you
have
      both installed

When I try it with the 2015 generator, I get
    cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 ARM"
-DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=WindowsPhone -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=8.1
    -- The C compiler identification is MSVC 18.0.31010.0
    -- The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 18.0.31010.0
    -- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 14 2015 ARM
    -- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 14 2015 ARM --
works
    -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
    -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
    -- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 14 2015 ARM
    -- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 14 2015 ARM --
works
    -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
    -- Detecting CXX compile features
    -- Detecting CXX compile features - done
    CMAKE_C_COMPILER C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0/VC/bin/x86_arm/cl.exe
    CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0/VC/bin/x86_arm/cl.exe
    -- Configuring done
    -- Generating done

How odd-- it can't generate with 2013, but when it generates with 2015 it
uses the 2013 compiler.

Aaron Simmons
Application Software Engineer at Sensory, Inc