Thanks for the quickfix Andreas, that fixed the problem.

I've also found the bug that's the reason for the error, the compiler flags are
mixing up relative and absolute pathnames. This is definitely a Dakota issue.

Setting verbose option on when executing make gives me a better idea of what's
wrong:

------- OUTPUT -------

Scanning dependencies of target optpp
make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.build'
make -f packages/OPTPP/src/CMakeFiles/optpp.dir/build.make
packages/OPTPP/src/CMakeFiles/optpp.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory '/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.build'
[  5%] Building CXX object packages/OPTPP/src/CMakeFiles/optpp.dir/globals.C.o
cd /opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.build/packages/OPTPP/src && /usr/bin/c++
-DBOOST_SIGNALS_NO_DEPRECATION_WARNING -DDAKOTA_OPTPP -DHAVE_STD
-DHAVE_SYS_TIMES_H -DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H -DHAVE_TIMES -Doptpp_EXPORTS
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.build/packages/OPTPP/include
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/include
-I/usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/lib64/cmake/Teuchos/../../../usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/include/trilinos
 -I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/ampl
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.build/packages/ampl
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/src/Base
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/src/Constraints
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/src/GSS
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/src/Newton
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/src/PDS
-I/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/src/Utils  -fPIC   -o
CMakeFiles/optpp.dir/globals.C.o -c
/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/src/globals.C
In file included from
/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/src/globals.C:4:0:
/opt/dakota/dakota-6.3.0.src/packages/OPTPP/include/globals.h:22:41: fatal
error: Teuchos_SerialDenseMatrix.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include "Teuchos_SerialDenseMatrix.hpp"
                                         ^
compilation terminated.

The relevant line is when it tries to link to my machines trilinos package,
when mixing up relative and absolute paths:

-I/usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/lib64/cmake/Teuchos/../../../usr/lib64/mpi/gcc/openmpi/include/trilinos

Thanks for the workaround!

Cheers,
Chris