Hi CMake/CTest users and Developers.

I actually have a question about CTest and hope this is the right list to ask it.

I am confused by CTest behavior when doing dynamic analysis with valgrind (MemCheck). The issue I am having is that CTest does not output test results in the generated XML if the test passes and no issues are reported by valgrind. Therefore, for a completely successful test run the dynamic analysis displayed in my CDash dashboard is empty, as if no test at all had been run.

I might be doing something wrong, but checking the CTest source (cmTestMemCheckHandler.cxx) suggests that test output is deliberately suppressed in case the test result is COMPLETED.

Am I doing anything wrong in using CTest here or is this actually intended behavior? And if it is intended behavior what is the rationale for it?

Best Regards,
Volker

Dr.-Ing. Volker Daum

Chimaera GmbH
Am Weichselgarten 7, 91058 Erlangen, Germany

Phone: +49 (0)9131 691 385
Fax:   +49 (0)9131 691 386
E-Mail: d...@chimaera.de
WWW: www.chimaera.de

Registergericht: Amtsgericht, 90762 Fürth (HRB 15128)
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Volker Daum, Dieter Hahn, Marcus Pruemmer

USt-IdNr (VAT ID): De253510665

Confidentiality Notice

The information transmitted in this e-mail is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and
delete the e-mail and any attached material immediately. Thank you.