Hi all. First, a brief intro. My name is Jaffar Sidek and I am a blind computer programmer and user from Singapore. Would also like to thank the list owner for helping me with my subscription since I couldn't get around to filling up the capture thingy on my own. I first came to know about CMake 2 years ago when I cloned a git repository of SFMl from Git Hub. CMake was needed to build the libraries, so I downloaded CMake to give it a shot. However, 2 years ago, unless I opted for the command line option, The CMake GUI option was a total no go for me because my screen reader simply could not see the output and instructions needed for me to make successful use of it. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the usability of the more recent versions, particularly from v3.50 onwards. Nowadays, CMake is at least partially accessible, meaning that I can use the default configuration options to build libraries of software that I need. However, I do wish that Accessibility of CMake can be improved. First, Here are the more helpful components of CMake that I can access and use successfully.

1. the edit boxes where the source and build directories are to be filled in is accessible. since my sfreen reader announces both correctly. The browse buttons for both the source and build directories also work and are announced correctly. 2. The configure and generate buttons are accessible since the list of compilers available on my system and beyond is correctly spoken by my screen reader, and the generate button is also announced correctly.

Now for what that is inaccessible which is that CMake, when there are errors in configuration on my part, or when something that it needs is missing, doesn't output those errors in a way that my screen reader can inform me, which means that I have to actually go to the directory where I am building my app to see what is missing and what went wrong so as to fix my build problems. IF this could be fixed, then CMake would be a truly awesome piece of software. There is also a read only edit box of which I don't know what purpose it serves, and when the configuration button is pressed, there is and edit box right after the combo of compiler choices whose purpose i also am not aware of since it is not described my my screen reader. These are the inaccessible parts that i hope can be dealt with. Thanks and cheers!