Ok, thanks Brad.

Hello Qt Mailing list,

First i thought this is a bug in CMake but it has appeared that it seems to be
a bug in qmllint:

Here the original question:

when I run qmllint from the command line to test an error I get:

C:\Tests>C:\Qt\5.6\msvc2015\bin\qmllint.exe test.qml
test.qml:1 : Syntax error

C:\Tests>echo %ERRORLEVEL%
-1

C:\Tests>

If I call this from a CMake script

execute_process(COMMAND C:/Qt/5.6/msvc2015/bin/qmllint.exe C:/Tests/test.qml
               RESULT_VARIABLE _resVar
               OUTPUT_VARIABLE _outVar
               ERROR_VARIABLE _errVar
             OUTPUT_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE
               ERROR_STRIP_TRAILING_WHITESPACE)

message("_resVar: ${_resVar}")
message("_outVar: ${_outVar}")
message("_errVar: ${_errVar}")

The output is:

1>  _resVar: -1
1>  _outVar:
1>  _errVar:

It seems that the error pipe isn’t read correctly, because _errVar is empty.

And hints?

Regards
Roman