Could you just make the tests run in the post-build of the test?

add_library(Foo Foo.cxx)

add_executable(FooTest FooTest.cxx)
target_link_libraries(FooTest Foo)

add_custom_command(TARGET FooTest POST_BUILD
  COMMAND $<TARGET_FILE:FooTest> $<TARGET_FILE:Foo>
)

That way the the test is run as part of it's build.

- Chuck