Hi all,

I have to build OpenCV on multiple machines and I was wondering if the
following was possible and advisable or should I use a different method? I'm
still learning about the cmake,make, make install way of software installation

Environment

All the machines (vms) have access to the same shared storage and are all are
Ubuntu 14.04

On vm1: run "cmake" on the files stored on the shared storage with the
configuration I need then run "make -j$(nproc)" before using "make install" to
install OpenCV

On vm 2 to vm n: Can I just run make install (assuming all the required
software is already installed) or would I be advised to run "cmake" and "make
-j" commands again?

Also is there any issues (file locks for example) about running the required
commands in parallel on multple vms pointing to the same source or would I be
advised to run the commands in serial (vm by vm)?

Finally can I point "make install" to the directory where cmake created the
makefile (apologies if this isn't the correct term, but where cmake did its
work) so I can script the" make install" from outside the build directory for a
slightly cleaner script

Michael

ITB Email Disclaimer This is a confidential communication and is intended only
for the addressee indicated in the message (or duly authorised to be
responsible for the delivery of the message to such person). You are
specifically prohibited from copying this message or delivering the same, or
any part thereof, to any other person, whomsoever or howsoever, unless you
receive written authorisation from us to do. If you are anyone other than the
intended addressee, or person duly authorised and responsible for the delivery
of this message to the intended addressee, you should destroy this message and
notify us immediately.