@Johannes Zarl-Zierl
PFA .
I found this link and tried how its mentioned in it .
I was not able to successfully build it using this .
Probably you could go though this and we could discuss.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Johannes Zarl-Zierl <
johannes.zarl-zi...@jku.at> wrote:

> On Dienstag, 21. März 2017 15:24:13 CET you wrote:
> > > Did you try asking on the libsndfile mailing list?
> > I did .but there was no response .
>
> Ok then.
>
> > I had written cmakelists.txt to compile and build .
> > I was able to successfully built it in linux , but in windows I was not
> > able to do it .
> > Do you have nay leads on that ?
>
> Reading the description that you linked to, I see that they have only done
> partial port to cmake and still require autotools. If you want to compile
> on
> other platforms you'll need to get rid of those non-portable parts.
>
> I would probably look at any pull requests and issues for that repository
> and
> look for cmake-related reports. Maybe someone else is already fixing the
> issues?
>
> Otherwise, you can try porting the non-portable parts yourself and ask on
> this
> list if you have problems in your cmake code.
>
> Cheers,
>   Johannes
>
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

> opensource/opensource.html

Regards,
Aishwarya Selvaraj
Title: Building libsndfile on Win32

Building libsndfile on Win32

Note : For pre-compiled binaries for windows, see the main web page.

There are currently two ways of building libsndfile under Win32:

  • Using the free MinGW tools.
  • Using Cygwin (this is the full Cygwin without the -mno-cygwin option).

Building libsndfile using the microsoft compiler does not currently work. Microsoft's compiler is a C++ compiler and does not compile a number of ISO C99 Standard constructs. If you insist on compiling libsndfile with the microsoft compiler you are on your own.

However, even though the libsndfile source code cannot be compiled with the microsoft compiler, the pre-compiled windows DLL distributed on the main web page can be used with C++ projects compiled with the microsoft compiler.

The free MinGW tools are the preferred option because they are a free (as in beer and speech), easily obtainable and much closer to the Linux/GCC environment on which libsndfile is developed.

Building libsndfile using MinGW.

The MinGW tools are available from http://www.mingw.org/. The files you will need will be named something like:

  • msysDTK-1.0.1.exe
  • MSYS-1.0.10.exe
  • gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz
  • gcc-g++-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz
  • binutils-2.15.91-20040901-1.tar.gz
  • mingw-runtime-3.9.tar.gz
  • w32api-3.6.tar.gz
  • mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz

They should be installed using the directions on the MinGW site. I know the instructions aren't great, but I don't have the time or expertise to write better ones.

Once you have the tools installed you will get an icon named MSYS on your desktop. Clicking on that icon will bring up something that looks a little like an xterm.

Assuming that you have downloaded the .tar.gz file into the C:\temp\ directory you should now be able to execute the following commands:

		tar zxf /c/temp/libsndfile.X.Y.Z.tar.gz
		cd libsndfile-X.Y.Z
		./configure
		make
		make check

If there is a failure during compiling or the "make check" stage, you should check that you are using the current stable version of the MinGW tools, and the latest version of libsndfile before sending the author a bug report.

Once this is done, anyone interested in using libsndfile in other projects will be interested in the following files:

  • libsndfile.dll
  • libsndfile.lib
  • libsndfile.def
  • src/sndfile.h
  • doc/*.html

Compile Problems

Compile problems using the above method of building the libsndfile DLL on Win32 should be emailed to Erik de Castro Lopo.

If you are using some other method to compile the libsndfile DLL you are on your own.