On 30/03/2017 04:38, Robert Dailey wrote:
At the end of the day, I've solved the Boost problem but I have many
other libraries I still manually build: openssl, libpng, zlib, etc.
It's as you said, maintaining build scripts for all of these will be
challenging but I think that's the proper way to go in my specific
situation (multi platform). It'll be less maintenance than rebuilding
binaries 3x per each.

Do you know how to set up the boost cmake project I linked on github
to work with superbuild? And do you prefer your superbuild execution
to happen during cmake generate (basically cmake invokes itself for
the superbuild) or do you prefer a separate external run, independent
of the normal one (basically 2x cmake invocations)?

Do you know of similar projects for other libraries I mentioned? Could
hand write my own, but seems better to piggyback on someone else's
efforts.

Thanks for your feedback!

Only a few libraries are tricky to build, libpng or zlib are trivial for example.

A super-build is just having one big project and defining all the targets directly in there, using external CMake build scripts through add_subdirectory() for example. There is just one CMake invocation. This is how my Boost CMake project (yes, I'm the one being it) works. As for the Boost dependencies, are you really using them? If you're not, then you don't need to build the parts of Boost using them, most are optional. If you do, then you can provide Find*.cmake scripts returning targets you've built yourself currently. Feel free to create issues on the bug tracker if you need assistance with that.

I don't know on the top of my head similar projects for all libraries, but I know there are many people writing CMake build scripts for all kind of libraries, so just search on the web :)

/Florent