Hi,

Answering a little bit late: I had a similar problem I wanted to run
only parts of my tests (-R) dedicated test-reports.

As cmake is using absolute paths to the executable the only thing I
needed to copy were the CTestFiles in all sub-directories.

  # copy all ctest-files to the current dir
  rsync -avm --include='*CTestTestfile.cmake' -f 'hide,! */' \
      ${TESTING_WORKSPACE}/* .

TESTING_WORKSPACE is the build-dir. 'current dir' is a path per
test-selection.

I then can run different ctest -R <pattern> in the different paths
using on the same binaries from one build dir and having different
test-reports.

HTH,
--
Patrick.