On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:20:27 -0500, Robert Dailey wrote:
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.9.4
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.9.4
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-4.9
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc-4.9 -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> -- Detecting C compile features
> -- Detecting C compile features - done
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/g++-4.9
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/g++-4.9 -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> -- Detecting CXX compile features
> -- Detecting CXX compile features - done

Does the information in the CMakeFiles/$cmake_version directory contain
anything indicating that it's detecting the compiler as 64-bit?

> I'm not sure how to use strace. I tried following instructions I found
> on the [CMake Performance Tips][1] page, but this isn't working. My
> generate command has a lot of options, so I use a helper shell script
> to generate. strace seems to not work well when using a shell script.
> Trace also doesn't show much useful. Could you give exact command line
> I can run to get the info you need?

Sorry, it's such a common tool I use, I forget others are new to it :) .
Here's how I'd use it to debug this:

    strace -s 10000 -e file -o cmake.strace.log $cmake_command

If your cmake command is a script that later launches CMake, you can
give strace `-f` to have it also trace any child processes made by the
command. In the resulting log file, you'll see syscalls CMake is making.
searching for the png header/library searching area shouldn't be too
hard. Is it looking in anything resembling the right paths?

--Ben