On 07.06.2017 21:23, Martin Weber wrote:
Hi all,

is there a way to extract the documentation from cmake-sources and convert
that to XML?
I am trying to work on CmakeEd [1]. This Eclipse plugin has support for
editing cmakelists files (syntax highlighting, code completion), but only for
cmake 2.8 which I want to update.
If I had docs in XML I could use XSLT to produce my files instead of typing
all the stuff...

Any ideas?
        Martin

CMake uses the Sphinx documentation system:

    http://www.sphinx-doc.org

One of the supported builders is "xml" (Docutils-native XML).

Assuming you've installed sphinx and enabled e.g. SPHINX_HTML (-DSPHINX_HTML=ON) you could try a verbose build of the "documentation" target to see how a sphinx-build invocation looks like.

To change the builder modify the argument after the -b option (e.g. replace "html" with "xml").

Nils