Hi Xen,

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Xen <l...@xenhideout.nl> wrote:
> I just want to tell you what terrible software CMake is.
>
> The newest version won't compile on my system. The bootstrapping just won't
> complete.

Just out of curiosity but is there any reason why you need the "latest
version"?  I usually use the default version for my OS (3.6.3 on
Ubuntu, currently) and it is usually good enough for my needs.

> It took me 3 hours to compile version 2.4.0. The latest release candidate
> had been working all night and not proceeding.

The latest version of CMake is 3.9.0-rc2...

Perhaps others on this mailing list can help you with your specific
problems but I've used CMake off and on for many years and never
compiled it myself.  I've always relied on the Ubuntu package.  It's
older but usually good enough since the features I need are fairly
basic...

Good luck with it and sorry to hear you're having problems!

Ray