Hi,

I'm trying out the new CUDA support for Visual Studio generators in Cmake
3.9.0-rc3 (generator Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64), and I think I've found a bug.

Our code defines some DLL-export functions in host code in a .cu file, but it
seems that the usual <target>_EXPORTS pre-processor definition is missing for
host code compilation invoked from NVCC. We have the usual DLL boilerplate
defined in a header like so:

#ifdef example_target_EXPORTS
#define EXAMPLE_TARGET_API _declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define EXAMPLE_TARGET_API _declspec(dllimport)
#endif

However in my .cu file, EXAMPLE_TARGET_API is being expanded to
_declspec(dllimport), not _declspec(dllexport) . It would appear that
example_target_EXPORTS is not being declared.

Is this intended behaviour, or a bug? If intended behaviour, what is the
mechanism I should be using instead?

Many thanks,
James Hancox