Saying I could get this to work, which it is not how, would one using project:

Project( myproject CXX CUDA)

specify the version of CUDA to use if I have CUDA 7.5 and 8 installed simultaneously. FindCUDA could do it. And say if version of cuda could be specified why not c++ 0x or 11... Ya know cuz if we are going to be able to specify the version of one "first class" language we should be able to specify the version of each.... yeah I am guessing I know the answer to this already. I just had this burning desire to ask this question.