Hi,

I have some legacy projects which I intend to update to modern CMake. The
documentation is good but do not really cover "best practices". So I have some
questions which I hope some of you could help to answer:

1. Which version if CMake should I target? I.e. Which version should I require
in my cmake_minimum_required() statement?

2. What are some best practices when choosing a namespace for my library
export? For example, lets say that I have a library which handles interfacing
with a piece of fictional hardware, lets call this hardware "Anvil". My library
and project is then aptly named "Anvil". But what to name the namespace?

3. Some of my legacy projects have all source in the same directory, i.e. both
source and header files are in the same directory. Others have both private and
public headers in the same directory. How do I handle this with
target_include_directories()? Preferably I would like to avoid reorganizing the
file structure.

Regards

Björn