2009/9/28 Michael DeHaan <mdeh...@redhat.com>

> > I noticed the following:
> >
> > - on server2 set up from scratch
> >    cobbler import ....    was complaining that the issued rsync
> > command was failing
> >    I had to disable selinux for rsync to make cobbler import working
> > with the following command.
> >
> >    root# setsebool -P rsync_disable_trans=1
>
> What OS were you running from?

RHEL 5 (I should have mentioned it).

> (General note -- Cobbler+SELinux is not supported on RHEL 4 (it is too
> primitive to share content between Apache and TFTP) but RHEL 5 and on it
> is)
>
> This may be a rule we want to indicate in "cobbler check"  alongside the
> httpd_can_network_connect item it already reports about today.
>
> Let's make sure there's a Trac open on this one.

Done.
This iis tract ticket 500.

> > - on server1 (migrated from 1.6.x) and after migration:
> >
> >    - Had to removed the "omapi" section from the
> > /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template file
> >       a task for cobbler check ?
> >       (not sure but that helps dumb guy like myself not reading the
> > docs... :-( )
>
> OMAPI is no longer supported in 2.0, so I am not sure what the problem
> is or why you would have to remove it.   Can you explain further what
> the problem was?

Despite we were not using OMAPI our 1.6.x /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template
was having the declaration below. After migrating to2.0, the
/etc/cobbler/dhcp.template  was still having this declaration (my fault I
should have removed it):

#if $omapi_enabled
 omapi-port $omapi_port;
#end if

Then cobbler sync failed with a cheetah template instantiation error.

 Tue Sep 29 08:10:51 2009 - INFO | Exception occured: cexceptions.CX
Tue Sep 29 08:10:51 2009 - INFO | Exception value: 'Error templating file:
/etc/dhcpd.conf'
Tue Sep 29 08:10:51 2009 - INFO | Exception Info:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/remote.py", line 92, in run
    rc = self._run(self)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/remote.py", line 181, in
runner
    return
self.remote.api.sync(self.options.get("verbose",False),logger=self.logger)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/api.py", line 599, in sync
    return sync.run()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/action_sync.py", line 124,
in run
    self.dhcp.write_dhcp_file()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/modules/manage_isc.py",
line 193, in write_dhcp_file
    self.templar.render(template_data, metadata, self.settings_file, None)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/templar.py", line 129, in
render
    raise CX("Error templating file: %s" % out_path)

Tue Sep 29 08:10:51 2009 - ERROR | ### TASK FAILED ###

> >    -  Some text comments attached with the systems had
> > "accents"/diacritics char.
> >       I had to removed them (from jason files) to avoid a python stack
> > trace in the new WEB interface
> >       (1.6.x was not having issue there - may be due to the move to
> > django)
>
> Hmm, interesting.    Please make sure there is a Trac item for this one.
>
> See my earlier note about how to get an account and file a bug.

Done (Ticket 501)

> >    - In the new WEB interface, I got python stack trace when trying to
> > sort the "Systems" view on a per profile basis
> >       The pb was with the /usr/share/cobbler/session/sessionid..... file
> >       the following solved the issue:
> >
> >       root# chcon -t httpd_sys_content_t /usr/share/cobbler/web/sessions
> >
> >       and to be sure it will be persistent:
> >       root # /usr/sbin/semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_t
> > "/usr/share/cobbler/web(/.*)?"
>

> Ah, nice find.    It is true we haven't done much SELinux testing with
> cobbler_web.    This should be added to the rules that "cobbler check"
> reports that the user should set.
>
> Let's make sure we have a record of this bug in Trac.

Done. (Ticket 502)

> > - The "owners" field is not displayed anymore in the web interface.
> >    That was very usefull to figure out who to contact.
> >
> >     Any easy way to make it visible again ?
> >

> I've just fixed that, it appears we had two objects that had this still
> marked as a hidden field.   Thanks!  (no need for a Trac item on this one).

Cool, thanks.

> > Apart the small annoyance sabove, cobbler2.0 on server1 (the migrated
> > one) works very well
> > and I continue testing and experimenting with it.
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> Again, if you can make sure the two bugs noted above have Trac items
> we'll make sure they are fixed.

Done (3 tickets entered).

thanks,

Phil.