The OpenLibrary.org <http://www.openlibrary.org> team has just finished
its latest release on the long path towards "one web page for every book
ever published."

What's new?

   * added another 6 million book records (13.4 million total) with 18
     million more records waiting to be integrated

   * built an API <http://www.openlibrary.org/dev/docs/api> to the data
     which allows you to query the database for objects matching
     particular criteria or to GET an object from the database

   * added internationalization support
     <http://www.openlibrary.org/i18n> - we have already started on
     Spanish, Italian and a few other languages, but users are now able
     to translate the site into any language

   * search the full text of 230,000 scanned books from the advanced
     search <http://www.openlibrary.org/advanced> page

   * started merging library MARC records and non-library book data
     crawled from the web (still some kinks to be worked out!)

OpenLibrary is a work in progress, so please help us build it!  The
site, the code and the documentation are all open, so if you're
interested in helping as a librarian or a programmer, join us - there's
lots left to do!

You can join the OL mailing list at:

And I'd especially like to thank our awesome team:

   * Edward Betts
   * Anand Chitipothu
   * Karen Coyle
   * Rebecca Malamud