If you are not having the original issue with Barracuda and they are not
responding then I would suggest to ditch the service.

David

From: community@mailsbestfriend.com [mailto:community@mailsbestfriend.com] On
Behalf Of SM Admin
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:00 PM
To: community@mailsbestfriend.com
Subject: [MBF] Re: how to deal with emailreg.org?

No suggestions?

From: SM Admin <mailto:imailad...@bcwebhost.net>

Sent: Monday, May 2, 2016 10:44 AM

To: community@mailsbestfriend.com <mailto:community@mailsbestfriend.com>

Subject: [MBF] how to deal with emailreg.org?

Hi all,

Some years ago I ran into a problem with Barracuda where they were blacklisting
us for no reason at all. The solution was to register with emailreg.org and pay
$20/year.  A lot has been posted on the Net about how emailreg is really part
of Barracuda and it’s all a scam, but from my perspective, $20 was cheaper than
the aspirin I’d need to sort out Barracuda’s problems.  This has worked every
year until now.

This year, I needed to give them a new credit card number (same CC provider,
CapitalOne, just a new number). However, once I entered the new number
information, it wouldn’t process the renewal charge. I checked with the CC
company and they said that emailreg is still trying to charge the old number.
So somehow they’ve cached the old CC information and continue to try to use
that, instead of the new number.

I’ve tried using their online contact form, which is the only contact info
provided on the emailreg web site, but they never reply. So now I have two
questions: is it still worth bothering with emailreg and how do I get a hold of
these people?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben