Hello Members of the Computational Quran Mailing List,

Current research in the Quranic Arabic Corpus project involves:

- Morphological annotation
- Syntactic annotation
- Ontology of Quranic Concepts (towards a semantic representation of the Quran)

As well as extending the morphological and syntactic annotation of the
Quran, I am keen to start thinking about a later stage of this
research. The final (long-term) aim of this project is to build an
intelligent expert question-answering system. An example might be:

==========================
Question:
How long should I breastfeed my child for?

Answer:
"Mothers may breastfeed their children two complete years for whoever
wishes to complete the nursing [period]."
- Source: The Holy Quran, verse (2:233).
(e.g. several hundred or several thousand questions that people might
commonly ask). Does anybody have any suggestions for online (or other
resources) for Islamic questions and answers, hopefully with all the
answers directly as verses of the Quran?

It would also be great to hear ideas on how a powerful dialog system
of the Quran might approach - or even any ideas about dialog systems
in general.

Looking forward to any responses. Please feel free to reply directly
to the mailing list (just hit reply all).

Kind Regards,

- Kais Dukes

Language Research Group
School of Computing