Hi, Starsnbars.

A PC mouse is a serial port mouse.  The mouse itself
has to have communication circuitry to communicate the
position and button information tp the PC. The mac
plus mouse does not do this.  Instead each pin on the
mouse port gives information on position and button
clicks.  The Amiga and Atari ST mice are similar to
the mac plus (and earlier) mice and could be converted
with some work.

However, It is possible to add a PC mouse to a mac
plus via the printer or modem port. There is a serial
port driver for communicating to PC mice.  The
following URL has a link to download the driver
(called Serialmouse1.01)

http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~chuck/smd.html

You will need to either rewire a mini-din onto the PC
mouse, or use a modem cable.  The readme contains a
description of the modifications necessary.

I was thinking of using this to add an external mouse
to my powerbook 150 as they don't have an ADB port but
my harddrive is currently dead.

Hope that makes it as clear as mud.

Edwin.

PS: You can use Easy Access to control the mouse via
the keyboard.  I did that for a bit on my mac plus
untill I found a mac plus mouse.

(
Hi All,