Hello everybody,

as some of you know, I am Vice President of the ICGA
(= International Computer Games Association). After
a very long and successful period (over 30 years) with
Prof. Dr. Jaap van den Herik as Chief Editor, now a
new team will steer the Journal. The official statement
of the ICGA says:

With great pleasure we announce the continuation of communication
of progress in our games community via the ICGA Journal.

All members who have paid their membership fee for 2016 can learn
from this communication that they have paid already for the issues
appearing in 2017. (Explanation: There were no issues of the Journal
in 2016.)

IN GENERAL

The main goal of this communication is to inform you that we have
recently filled in the position of Editor-in-Chief of the ICGA Journal
by an excellent researcher from Taiwan. Two new board members will
support him and also an editorial manager will help with the daily activities.

Moreover, we have an Editor for the second part of the Journal, containing
the Reports and Issues of General Interest, and an Editor for General ICGA
Affairs.
For their publication the ICGA cooperates with IOS press, Amsterdam, the
Netherlands.

THE NEW BOARD

Starting at January 1, 2017
The ICGA Journal is in the hands of

Professor I-Chen Wu
Professor, Department of Computer Science, National Chiao Tung University
TEL: +886-3-5731855 FAX: +886-3-5733777 http://aigames.nctu.edu.tw/~icwu
who will act as Editor -in- Chief.

He will be seconded by
Dr. Mark Winands
Maastricht University
Maastricht, the Netherlands
and
Dr. Tristan Cazenave
Dauphine University, France

The Editorial Manager will be
Tinghan Wei
jour...@icga.org
Department of Computer Science, National Chiao Tung University.

Papers submitted to the ICGA Journal (see below) will finally go through him.
They will undergo a full peer review process,
The IOS press will help the ICGA with their system.

The Editor for the second part of the ICGA Journal is
Professor Ingo Althoefer
Friedrich-Schiller-Universitaet Jena, Germany
Fakultaet fuer Mathematik und Informatik
Angewandte Mathematik
ingo.althoe...@uni-jena.de

The Editor for General ICGA affairs will be
Dr. Walter Kosters
LIACS, Leiden University

NEW SUBMISSION PROCEDURE

This message also signals the start of a new procedure of submitting
scientific papers (articles or notes) to the ICGA Journal.

New procedure for the Submission of scientific manuscripts
Authors are requested to submit their manuscript electronically to the
online submission system:
https://submissions.iospress.com/icga-journal/content/submit-manuscript
Note that the manuscript should be uploaded as one file with tables and
figures included.

Submission of material for the second part of the Journal should be directly
sent to the Editor for the second part, Professor Ingo Althoefer.

THANK YOU

We hope to have informed you well and look forward to a fruitful
continuation of the ICGA Journal. We thank you for the very pleasant
cooperation over many, many years.

SPECIAL THANKS

Jaap van den Herik is grateful to the new Editorial Board for his
appointment as Honorary Editor. He wishes the new Board Members all
success possible.

The Journal appears on paper every three months, so four issues per year.
Typically it has 64 pages in each issue,  and costs 40 Euro per year - of
course to be paid in advance.

Ingo.