oakfoam value network does exactly this, we have 6 komi layers -7.5 -5.5
-0.5 0.5 5.5 7.5 (+ and - due to color played) and trained from 4d+ kgs
games with this:
if (c_played==1):
      if ("0.5" in komi):
        komiplane=1;
      if ("6.5" in komi or "2.75" in komi or "5.5" in komi):
#komi 6.5 and 5.5 not very different in chinese scoring
        komiplane=2;
      if ("7.5" in komi or "3.75" in komi):
        komiplane=3;
    if (c_played==2):
      if ("0.5" in komi):
        komiplane=4;
      if ("6.5" in komi or "2.75" in komi or "5.5" in komi):
#komi 6.5 and 5.5 not very different in chinese scoring
        komiplane=5;
      if ("7.5" in komi or "3.75" in komi):
        komiplane=6;

But I was unable to get a sgf file from the japanese language site :)

I did not really test if this layers help, but they are there and
trained and you might check yourself :)

Detlef