> It has achieved /that/ goal, but the further goal of getting AIs to explain
> and
> teach is still out there.

Or just to reach the same level, with less computational effort (either
the training stage, or the playing engine), is an interesting challenge,
that is likely to teach us something that can be applied to other
problem domains.

>> So Computer-go achieved its goal and we can close this list?

For me, the big milestone in computer go was reached years ago: it was
when I could no longer beat the go app on my phone. (I think it was the
first Android release of Crazy Stone.)

Darren

My New Book: Practical Machine Learning with H2O:
  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920053170.do