Seriously now... I once had a sound card with (what I think was) a bad capacitor... it would randomly discharge making a horrible noise like you mentioned... much louder than the music/program that was playing. It would happen once or twice a day, with no real pattern. Upgrading the sound card solved the problem. I also had a Ford with a tape deck that would make a much louder, horrible bzzzz-bzzzz-bzzz-bzz-bz-bz sound about once a week, which I was unable to make Ford replace under warranty... they just 'repaired' it and put it back in.
 - Brian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael S. Altus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [CGUYS] Unusual sound on speakers

When I have my speakers on, I periodically get a sound,
"dum-dum-duh-duh-duh-dum-dum-duh-dum". Does anyone know what that is? At first, I thought it is a
time signal at the start of an hour, but I hear it at other times.