Hi,

Why continuum-release doesn't use release plugin directly ?
It's possible to choose the maven installation to execute the compilation in continuum, BUT the maven version used to release a project can't be changed because of the compilation/runtime dependency of continuum-release. Also, if I configure the release plugin in pom.xml (for default values or to use a specific version of the plugin), this is ignored by continuum. So, to correct a bug in the release plugin (for exemple a blocker one like SCM-361 <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-361> for us), I need to make a new (unofficial) release of continuum.

What do you think about externalize the release execution using external command line as you do to execute scheduled goals ? Is there any blocker issue so that it's not possible ?

Benoit