From: Rachel Kramer Green [mailto:kra...@rcsb.rutgers.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:21 AM
To: Sheriff, Steven
Cc: info
Subject: Re: New ligand 3-letter code (help-7071)

Dear Steven,

During annotation of ligands, all chemical components present in the structure
are compared against the definitions in the Chemical Component Dictionary
(http://www.wwpdb.org/data/ccd). If the ligand is not in the dictionary, a
three letter code is assigned. See
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/policy#toc_assignment.  In the future, a
group of three-letter codes may be set aside to be used during refinement to
flag new ligands.

Clarification about the ligand ids assignment and in particular the usage of
UNX/UNL/UNK residues can be found at
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/procedure#toc_2.

Best wishes,
Rachel

Rachel Kramer Green, Ph.D.
RCSB PDB
kra...@rcsb.rutgers.edu<mailto:kra...@rcsb.rutgers.edu>

New! Deposit X-ray data with the wwPDB at:
http://deposit.wwpdb.org/deposition (NMR and 3DEM coming soon).
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/buildmodels
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RCSBPDB