Hello,
I am again struggling with a similar problem and have only (re?-)discovered
Paul's May 23 reply today. Thus, I pushed that "<Cis <-> Trans>" button
and, yes, I now can still recognize the proline after real-space
refinement. But the COOT planar restraints for the cis-peptide appear to be
much weaker than for trans-peptides. It almost feels like the "Cis<->Trans"
lifts the trans restraints without imposing cis restraints. I have
experimented with the "add planar peptide restraints" menu, but did not
notice any effect.
Am I going about this problem in the "right" COOT way?
Best regards.
Wolfram