On 2004-01-03, Georg Lutz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after the upgrade from RH8 to Fedora Core 1 I am not longer able to
> compile courier.
>
> everytime configure fails with
> ---
> checking location of system mailboxes... ./Maildir
> checking whether maildrop should reset its group ID... 1
> checking privileged users... configure: error: /bin/sh './configure'
> failed for maildrop
> ---

To be more precicely, it fails when doing the following:
---
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# export USERID=mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# if test "`eval echo ~$USERID`" != ~$USERID; then
echo "123"; fi
123
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# if test "`eval echo ~$USERID`" != ~$USERID; then
echo "123"; fi
Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)
---

Note that bash is exiting here!

I have no clue whats going on here...

--