Hi people,

As surely someone has known, pitillo and me are involved on developing a
safe environment where test crux ports.

Apparently, ATM don't exist a unified way for testing/developing ports.
As we known, developers are using prtutils, chroot environments or
unfortunately other are using their own crux system for building and
testing their ports, and that sounds terrible in some cases.

For that, we are working on 'safe-env', a environment similar to a
"freshinstall", where testing ports and try to discover bugs, and also
the most issues that crux users can find when they are building ports
for their systems.

We are trying to keep the environment as simple as possible (KISS),
giving freedom to respect people's customs or preferences working daily
with CRUX, but having the security of a minimal and secure environment.

Surely we have errors or other things that can be done better, without
doubt, but now our first objective is to know if CRUX people can see it
like as a idea that can be done better in a future, and if it can be of
benefit for all the community.

The environment consist in 2 scripts: safe-env and prt-clean:
- with safe-env we can build a "freshinstall" environment and play with it.
- also, with prt-clean we can take snapshots at different moments of our
environment and then delete ports between snapshots (taking   first a
freshinstall snapshot)

Being minimal it can be flex and we can give it more uses, personally
I'm using it to build uCRUX packages for my old 486 laptop, so I don't
spend hours and hours compiling on it.

Finally, we will glad to known your opinions/suggestions/etc about that.

last release:
http://mikeux.dyndns.org/crux/distfiles/safe-env-0.1-svn162.tar.bz2
svn repository: svn://mikeux.dyndns.org/safe-env/trunk

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

  Jose V Beneyto