From: "PGP Corporation" <dataprotect...@pgp.com>
Date: August 28, 2009 6:18:09 PM GMT-04:00
To: r...@ibuc.com
Subject: Important Information for PGP® Desktop Users Running Mac OS X

Apple released its new version - Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) today, Friday, August 28.

Advisory:

PGP Corporation does not recommend using PGP® Desktop with Mac OS X 10.6 at this time, neither the 32 bit nor 64 bit versions of Snow Leopard are currently supported by PGP Corporation. This includes PGP® Whole Disk Encryption, PGP® Desktop Professional, PGP® Desktop Home and PGP® Desktop Email.

This email is to advise you that if you are running PGP® Whole Disk Encryption, PGP® Desktop Professional, PGP® Desktop Home or PGP® Desktop Email, you should NOT upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

If you intend to upgrade to Snow Leopard, you must decrypt all PGP® encrypted drives and uninstall PGP® Desktop before upgrading the system to Mac OS X 10.6.

After upgrading your system you should not attempt to re-encrypt any disks with PGP® Whole Disk Encryption as it is likely to lead to potential data loss or other system and data issues.

We expect support for Mac OS X 10.6 to be available in the next major release of PGP® Desktop (10.0). PGP Corporation recommends waiting until PGP® Desktop 10.0 is available before upgrading to Mac OS X 10.6. If you would like to be notified when the beta version becomes available, please register at http://www.pgp.com/developers/beta/request.html .

If you have questions about PGP® Desktop and Mac OS X 10.6, please visit our support site https://pgp.custhelp.com/app/

PGP Corporation announced PGP WDE for Mac OS X last year - a native Mac application that was designed from the ground up for the Mac. PGP Corporation is committed to providing Macintosh users the best possible encryption solutions and we’ve been building them since re- starting the company in 2003.

The overall experience of PGP WDE for Snow Leopard will be the same. You’ll notice PGP WDE for Mac OS X is controlled using PGP Desktop, which can be expanded to secure email and files as well.

Users of PGP WDE for Mac OS X will have a new pre-boot authentication screen that protects access to the machine before the operating system loads. To see some of the work so far we have posted screen shots to the PGP Perspectives blog.
http://blog.pgp.com/index.php/2009/08/sneak-peek-pgp-whole-disk-encryption-for-snow-leopard/

Sincerely,
PGP® Worldwide Support Team

© 2002-2009 PGP Corporation, 200 Jefferson Dr. Menlo Park, CA 94025
http://www.pgp.com
All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Statement: http://www.pgp.com/privacy | Legal Notices:
http://www.pgp.com/legal