corollary to "security proportional to risk" is "parameterized risk management"
... where variety of technologies with varying integrity levels can co-exist within the same
infrastructure/framework. transactions exceeding particularly technology risk/integrity threshold
may still be approved given various compensating processes are invoked (allows for multi-decade
infrastructure operation w/o traumatic dislocation moving from technology to technology as well as
multi-technology co-existence).

in the past I had brought this up to the people defining V3 extensions ...
early in their process ... and they offered to let me do the work defining a V3
integrity level field. My response was why bother with stale, static
information when real valued operations would use much more capable dynamic,
realtime, online process.