There is nothing difficult about the right course of action here: Don't send
the password. Disable this silly default.

The attitude expressed in these replies is a disgrace to the profession of
software security, and a disgrace to the list.

It doesn't matter whether or not I "should" be using a unique password. I might
not be, and even if I am, a nerd next to me shouldn't be able to change my
subscription settings because of the listserv's idiotic setting.

It is NOT the user's responsibility to compensate for the incompetence of sys
admins or software developers. They are the ones who are failing their jobs.

- Greg

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA.