On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, reusch wrote:

> I'm amazed at their claims of radio interception. One would
> expect that all US military communications, even trivial ones,

Trivial ones are voice radio. Nontrivially to encrypt (mil people tend to
be conservative), unlike teletype (I've used NEMP-proof perforated tape,
teletypes and electromechanical rotor crypto keyed by a wire plug box in
1988's Bundeswehr).

> are strongly encrypted, given the ease of doing this. Someone,
> more well informed, please reassure me that this is the case.

While there's no doubt comm is being intercepted the www.aeronautics.ru
main analyst (forgot his name) is purported to be not very credible.