At 01:58 PM 4/3/03 +1200, Peter Gutmann wrote:
A better suggestion for killing it: Write letters strongly encouraging the
PKI-based method.

*Snork!* That's perfect.

"...as computer security professionals, we feel that it is our duty to advise the legislature of the critical importance of requiring the use of a PKI for this system, preferably with multiple root CAs and online certificate revocation. In order to ensure that the CAs function according to the will of the legislature, we further recommend that the legislature draft the certificate practice statement as part of this law...."

Peter.

--John Kelsey, [EMAIL PROTECTED]